HARDISON’S TIPS – NOVEMBER 12, 2020 – BOOST YOUR SALES SUCCESS (PT.2)
- Shoot high: It’s much more difficult to work your way up in an organization then it is to get referred down. When you start low it’s an uphill battle that is rarely won. When you start high however–at the C-suite–and get referred down, you’re more likely to find the right decision maker. And that person is more willing to take your call. After all, you’re being referred to them by the higher powers.
- Take a page from the boy scouts:Always be prepared. There’s no excuse for not doing your research before a sales meeting. I was recently on a product demo in which the sales person asked to have a pre-call with me so that she could customize the demo and make specific recommendations for our situation. I took the pre-call where she asked excellent questions that allowed her create a demo geared exactly for what we were looking to do. On top of that she made some insightful recommendations for things we could do right away without even using the product.
Only by doing her research and asking the right questions ahead of time was she able to deliver a high impact demo.
- Provide value:Buyers want to work with people who are experts in their trade and can provide value in each and every conversation. What value can you provide, not only once a prospect buys from you, but in your sales conversations leading up to the sale?
- Understand your buyers: In The 6 Buyer Personas (And How to Sell to Them), we walk you through the preferences and styles of different buyers. It’s essential to understand what’s important to each individual buyer and their decision-making process. When you know this you can more easily match your selling process to the buying process and ultimately win more deals.
- Answer the ‘why?’:Why should I stop what I am doing to listen to you? Why is your product or service better than the competition? Why does it cost more? Why do I need your product or service? Why should I believe you?
In all of your communications and conversations, a series of why questions are circling around your buyers’ minds. Don’t wait for the buyer to ask these questions (in many instances they won’t). Be proactive and answer these questions head on.
There are no silver bullets and each of these sales tips take work. As you read through the tips list you may find that you’re already doing some of these things. That’s great. But, if you’re not getting the level of sales success you think you should be, review this list and pick out the areas you need to work on. It will certainly help boost your results so you can win more deals.
Make It A Champion Day!